How can I access Clever?
Parent Letter (English)
Parent Letter (Spanish)
How can I access my Read and Write tools at home?
Iniciando sesion en Navegador de Chrome
What CCSD130 apps will work on my home device?
Can I access Google Classroom on my phone?
Will our math program (iReady) work on an iPad?
Are there any local wifi hotspots that we can access?
Wifi Spanish Version
Parent Census Letter: May 1, 2020
Parent Census Letter: May 1, 2020 (Spanish)
Parent Graduation Letter: May 1, 2020
Parent Graduation Letter: May 1, 2020 (Spanish)
Parent Q4 Letter: May 1, 2020
Parent Q4 Letter: May 1, 2020 (Spanish)
Parent Letter: April 17, 2020
Parent Letter: April 17, 2020 (Spanish)
Parent Letter: March 31, 2020
Parent Letter: March 31, 2020
Parent Letter: March 23, 2020
Parent Letter: March 23, 2020 (Spanish)
Family Support : FindHelp.org
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Cook County Health Department
How to Talk to Little Learners about the Coronavirus
Guide: Talking to Children About Coronavirus
Illinois Department of Public Health
Illinois State Board of Education
World Health Organization
Common Sense: Wide Open School PreK-5
Common Sense: Wide Open School 6-8
Picture Books: Read Aloud Videos
Scholastic Resource: Daily Lessons K-8
Simple and Fun Non-Screen Activities
Reading at Home
Interactive Simulations: Math and Science
Read Write Think
Technology Support Services:
Phone Line: 708-489-8123
Important Message: School Closing Announcement
Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker announced that remote learning in Illinois will be extended through the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
Be assured that our entire staff of Cook County School District 130 remains committed to engaging with all of our students through remote learning opportunities, and we will continue to partner with you to support the on-going growth and development of our children – academically, physically, and emotionally. Teachers will be sharing these continued learning opportunities through Google Classroom if your child is in Kindergarten through 8th grade. You must log in to Clever to access your child’s Google Classroom account.
In the meantime, please remember that we are offering free grab-and-go lunches to all of our families every Monday through Friday from 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. These free meals are available at either Nathan Hale Primary or Veterans Memorial School. We will continue to communicate any additional information as it becomes available. Thank you for your continued partnership with us to keep our children healthy and learning while at-home!
Espero que este mensaje los encuentre a ustedes y a sus familias sanos y salvos. Hoy, el Gobernador de Illinois, JB Pritzker, anunció que el aprendizaje remoto en Illinois se extenderá hasta el final del año Escolar 2019-2020. Además, el distrito proporcionará almuerzos gratuitos para estudiantes a partir de las 11:00 a.m. hasta la 1:00 p.m. para familias en nuestras comunidades. Se pueden recoger de lunes a viernes, ya sea en la escuela primaria Nathan Hale o en la escuela secundaria Veterans Memorial.
Teachers will share continued learning opportunities through Google Classroom if your child is in Kindergarten through 8th grade. You must log in to Clever to access your child’s Google Classroom account.
Daily Schedules and Student Engagement
Map of Local Wifi Hotspots
Continuing Education Resources from ISBE
Comcast is taking steps to implement the following new policies for the next 60 days, and other important initiatives:
- Comcast has opened their Home Hotspot network for all non-Comcast customers. If you rent router/WiFi equipment from Comcast, you can enable it to help out those around you in this unprecedented time of need. Comcast promotes it as secure and will not impact your own network experience. Plus, they have removed any network caps for the next two months. Considering all Illinois schools will be closing for the next few weeks, sharing your resources with your neighbors could help students out (regardless if they are our specific students). Please consider turning this option on at the following: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
AT&T is expanding “Access from AT&T,” our low-cost home internet offering to qualifying households AT&T will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program.
- They’ve expanded eligibility to Access from AT&T to households participating in the National School Lunch Program and Head Start.
- Additionally, they are offering new Access from AT&T customers two months of free service.
- All AT&T consumer home internet wireline customers can use unlimited internet data.
- AT&T is redirecting more resources to provide communication services and tools for first responders, health care professionals, educators and other essential customers. This additional support will help ensure these customers can continue providing critical support to the country and their communities, particularly to first responders using the FirstNet network.
Spectrum Free Broadband
Spectrum is offering free internet to students in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Starting March 16, 2020 the company will offer free broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395.