Everett F Kerr Middle School
At Kerr Middle School We Believe . . .
Students need to be involved in solving problems and in producing quality work that shows what they have learned. Different teaching methods and materials need to be used depending on how students learn best.
Everyone at Kerr is valued because he / she:
is good at something
has his / her own thoughts and feelings that matter
By being respectful and friendly to the entire Kerr community,
we will feel better about ourselves.
We will keep working on ways to help our students become
the best they can be.
1. Middle school education is the responsibility and cooperative endeavor of student, family, school, and community.
2. All children can learn, and the developmental rate and performance level of middle school students varies according to their own individual growth.
3. Middle school students feel included and valued in a nurturing and supportive environment where mutual respect and appreciation of differences are encouraged.
4. Middle school students grow and learn through taking risks and experiencing various levels of success.
5. Middle school students develop creative and critical thinking skills through experiences that relate to their world.
We are looking forward to a wonderful and exciting year at Kerr because you will be joining us in the middle school "adventure." Middle school students are expected to:
• accomplish their academic goals
• grow in their social skills and
• treat everyone with dignity and respect, including themselves!
All the adults at Kerr - your teachers, principal, assistant principal, and all support staff and personnel - are here to guide you through this adventure. We will also work with your family as partners in this experience because we all care about you.
We hope that the information on this website is helpful and answers many of your questions. If you have other questions, please call the Kerr office at 708-385-5959, and we will assist you.
We look forward to meeting you and getting started on a successful school year. Although the challenges in middle school are great and expectations are high, we expect to have a great deal of fun as well!
Supply List 2016-2017
Dress Code Policy for Dress Down Days